Perfect sweater for the little ones!

It's safe to say that I'm a bit obsessed with this particular pattern. This sweater is the sixth I've made so far, but this time I decided to include long sleeves and a button band.

Yarn: The original pattern calls for fingering weight yarn, but I decided to use sports weight yarn, maintaining the 3.00mm needles. I think sports weight yarn creates a tighter fabric, as opposed to fingering yarn, which creates a more open, holy fabric (see here). I used Ice Yarns' Baby Multicolor, 3 skeins, for a total of 450 meters (3-4T size).

Sleeves: Instead of BO the stitches for the sleeves, I placed them in some scrap yarn and continued on with the top. When the body was done, I transfered the sleeves stitches to DPNs and picked up 6 extra stitches under the arm. I continued knitting in 2x2 rib for 12 inches before BO.

Button band: With a 3mm crochet hook, I made 16 sc along the left side of the neck opening. On the second row, I did 1 sc, chain 5,  8 sc, chain 5, 7 sc, chain 5. TADA! Button-band-thingy done. This is definitely my favourite addition, since the neck opening on the other tops was quite wide and, with the buttons, it does become cozier.

Again, this is one of my favourite patterns of all time. And don't let looks deceive you: it can come across as small or impossible-to-fit, but I assure you it WILL stretch and fit for a long time!

Comments

Popular Posts