OMG, It's Almost Christmas Fingerless Mitts - Free Crochet Pattern/Modelo Grátis de Crochet

Every year is the same. In August, I start going on and on about how I need to be knitting/crocheting for Christmas and then December comes and I do everything in a matter of days, so I need super-quick patterns. Discipline is not my forte. Yesterday, I decided to make these fingerless mitts and I think that the end result is something worth sharing. For that reason, here's the pattern.
É sempre o mesmo. Em Agosto, começo a dizer que é preciso começar a trabalhar para o Natal e depois chega a Dezembro e faço tudo no espaço de alguns dias, razão pela qual preciso de modelos rápidos. A disciplina não é o meu forte. Ontem, decidi fazer estas luvas sem dedos e acho que o resultado final até merece ser partilhado. Por isso, aqui fica o modelo.



 

OMG, It's Almost Christmas Fingerless Mitts - Free Crochet Pattern

Materials:

  • 50 gr of DK weight yarn, in Main Colour (MC);
  • 50 gr of DK weight yarn, in Complementary Colour (CC);
  • (100 gr of DK weight yarn if you're going for the single colour option);
  • 4.5mm hook.


My yarn suggestions include:

Instructions (x 2):

Cuff:
  • With MC, chain 30, join to form a circle, being careful not to twist the chain.
  • Row 1: Chain 2, hdc in each chain across, slip stitch to the chain 2 in the beginning to join;
  • Rows 2-12: Chain 2, hdc in each st across, slip stitch to the chain 2 in the beginning to join (this is where you decide how long you want your cuff; less rows means a shorter cuff, more rows a longer one);
  • Break off yarn.



























Hand:
  • Row 13: With CC, join yarn in any st of the previous row and chain 1, sc in the same st, sc in the next stitch; *ch 3, skip 2 st, 1 sc in next 3 st*, repeat from * to * until the last chain 3, 1 sc in last st, slip stitch to join;
  • Row 14: Chain 1, sc in the same st, *5 dc in ch 3 space, skip 1 st, sc in next st* (middle st of the previous row), repeat from * to * until the end, slip stitch to join;
  • Row 15: Slip stitch to second dc of cluster, chain 1, sc in the same st, 2 sc, *ch 3, 3 sc in the middle dcs of cluster from previous row*, repeat from * to * until the end, slip stitch to join;
  • Row 16: Slip stitch to second sc, chain 1, sc in the same st, *5 dc in ch 3 space, skip 1 st, sc in next st* (middle st of the previous row), repeat from * to * until the end, slip stitch to join;
  • Row 17: Repeat row 15;
  • Row 18: Repeat row 16;
  • Row 19: Repeat row 15;
  • Row 20: Repeat row 16;
  • Row 21: Slip stitch to second dc of cluster, chain 1, sc in the same st, 2 sc, chain 3, skip one cluster, 3 sc in the middle dcs of second cluster from previous row, *chain 3, 3 sc in the middle dcs of second cluster from previous row* repeat from * to * until the end, slip stitch to join;
  • Row 22: Repeat row 16;
  • Row 23: Repeat row 15;
  • Row 24: Repeat row 16. 
 
And that's it! A quick Christmas gift: check!

(A tradução em português do padrão será publicada muito em breve)

(C) theanarchistknitter.blogspot.com - All rights reserved. 
You have permission to sell any finished item you make using this copyrighted pattern. However, you may not reproduce, sell, adapt, modify, communicate to the public, reproduce or otherwise use any part of this pattern, because that would be super uncool! Any other questions or doubts, please let me know @ theanarchistknitter@gmail.com!

Comments

  1. I love these. I just finished a pair. Thank you for creating and sharing this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU! :) If you want, head over to the Facebook page and share your creation with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Can't wait to make a pair :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made some in sock yarn, I'm really happy with the way they look and they're great for spring and autumn :-) Thanks for sharing this lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to have found this pattern. Easy to follow and very quick. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tk u for sharing yr pattern & yr talent. I hv two teenaged granddaughters & will be making these for them for Christmas. That is the going trend now: fingerless gloves, legwarmers, arm warmers, wristlets, cell phone cozies, etc. Teens love them - not to mention we older teens. Make what they like & they will wear it. Tks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gogran97, thank you so much for your awesome comment! I'm sure your teens will love them!

      Delete
  7. Hi love the gloves but how do I start, I mean how many chain links to make the circle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You should chain 30, please check the instructions for the cuff:

      Cuff:
      - With MC, chain 30, join to form a circle, being careful not to twist the chain.

      Delete
  8. Hi! Just wanted to share my blog post talking about the great pair I made from your pattern. Thank you so much for sharing it. I was sure to link back to you. :)

    http://www.littleblackmarker.com/2015/04/blue-shell-gloves.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made some of these for my nephew's wife last year, she loves them. Now I am making some for a friend I've had since I was about five (I'm 61 now). She had asked me to make a crochet flower to go on a dressy coat she has and I am going to surprise her by giving her some of these that match the flower. Made her some plain grey ones last winter that she likes a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your great pattern. I have made a few pairs of these and love them for me & for gifts. Was thinking would like to make a matching hat, so what multiple of stitches do I need to use to increase the size of the circle or to just be able to make an afghan or small baby blanket? Could you help, please. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    Are we supposed to have 30 stitches in each row?

    After the first row I now have 29 and am not sure why...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Thank you for sharing this pattern with us. 😊💖

    I'm confused on row 15 about where the 2 sc goes? I see the first sc goes in the 2nd dc and the asterisk specifies that the rest of the stitches go in the 3rd dc, but there's no specification for the 2 sc. Thank you to anyone who can help me out! Crochet on! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Thank you for sharing this pattern with us. 😊💖

    I'm confused on row 15 about where the 2 sc goes? I see the first sc goes in the 2nd dc and the asterisk specifies that the rest of the stitches go in the 3rd dc, but there's no specification for the 2 sc. Thank you to anyone who can help me out! Crochet on! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this pattern! I'm finding that 30 chains to begin with is too big for my wrist. To make them smaller, how many chains should I start with (don't know what the multiple needs to stay at to keep the shell pattern.) Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I love the pattern! I also would like to know how to make them smaller....for a 9 and 11 year old. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I would use sport yarn and a 3.5 mm hook" Hope this helps!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts